Who is eligible?
The Esprit de Corps Women in Defence Award is presented to an individual who has made an outstanding contribution in the Canadian defence sector, whether currently serving in the Forces, working in industry, advocating for serving or veteran members of the Canadian Armed Forces, or involved in a supporting organization at the local, provincial and/or national level. Nominees may be drawn from a stakeholder group across the defence and military worlds including: Canadian Armed Forces (serving or retired member or civilian employee), veterans or military-related (non-governmental) organizations, government (political and bureaucratic), academia, industry.
Each nomination must include both the nominee’s and nominator’s contact information (daytime phone number, email and work address) and a paragraph speaking to each of the nomination criteria below. Additional information may be provided in support of the nomination under category 5.
Awardees will be selected based on the description and/or evidence provided in the nomination, which must clearly show how they are or have contributed to the defence world. Nominees will be evaluated on the following (please provide a short paragraph for each):
1) Achievement(s) (contribution, certifications, professional affiliations, awards, participation in stakeholder groups, etc.)
2) Commitment (dedication to service, length of time served in the milieu, examples of commitment to duty or the organization, etc.)
3) Leadership (role as a mentor or model for others, as a leader to other women and men, inspiring others through advocacy and their passion, etc.)
4) Impact in breaking down the barricades (on advocating and/or inspiring change, diversity in the workplace or outside organizations, etc.)
5) Additional information (community involvement, extra curricular activities, etc.)
The nomination process for the 2018 Esprit de Corps Women in Defence Award is now closed. Nominations must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 15, 2018. Esprit de Corps’ Award Selection Committee will provide their recommendations by January 22, 2018. Nominees who have been selected will be contacted for a brief interview and then featured in Volume 25 Issue 2 (March 2018) edition of Esprit de Corps Magazine.